The Importance of Monitoring your Site’s Performance
You’ve worked really hard to get your company’s new website live and customers are beginning to find you online- awesome job! Unfortunately, that’s not where the work ends in the world of web. Now that your site is up and running, it requires consistent monitoring, analyzing and tweaking.
Think of your website like a car. After you leave the dealership and begin driving your new vehicle, eventually you need to get an oil change, monitor the air pressure in the tires and refill the window washer fluid, right? In a similar fashion, websites need continuous maintenance to be sure they’re performing at their peak.
Don’t forget to take your website’s temperature:
Determine 3-5 metrics that are most important to your company and monitor those analytics each week.Tracking consistent metrics will help to make sure that your website is healthy and growing. The number of new customer leads or purchases, total website visits and quantity and quality of referral links are great places to start.
5 Must-Have Elements for your Site
So now that you know the importance of maintaining your website, which features should you work to revise and optimize?
- Ensure your website has a responsive design so mobile users experience a seamless visit to your site.
- Content, content, content; your website needs several different types of content that is regularly updated. Think blog posts, a value exchange and an e-newsletter.
- Your company’s brand and story should be super clear across your website through the use of consistent colors, logos, fonts and images.
- Be sure your navigation is straight forward, easy to find and not cluttered.
- Make it easy for people to contact you; provide your phone number, an email address or a contact form on multiple pages.
A Constant Work in Progress
There’s a saying, “A website is never finished” and it’s the absolute truth. By determining which website metrics are most important to your business and monitoring them on a weekly and monthly basis, as well as outlining several areas for improvement such as the 5 elements above, your website will be well maintained and continue to stay in tip-top shape.
Looking to create a new website, or update your existing one? We can help you achieve effective results online through proven inbound marketing efforts. Get in touch today and let’s begin the conversation. Email us at email@example.com or call (207) 622-0110.