Why the Explosive Success of Social Advertising Matters to Your Company
If you’ve logged on to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter in the past year, you’ve experienced firsthand how difficult it is to avoid being inundated with ads while you interact with friends. Although they may seem like more of a nuisance than a useful buying aid, recent statistics for social media ads prove they’re extremely effective for businesses. If you’re currently on the fence about whether social advertising should be a part of your company’s marketing strategy in 2016, the data below may convince you to finally pull the trigger.
Success by the Numbers
- According to Hootsuite, promoted tweets on Twitter have shown average engagement rates of 1 - 3%, which is much higher than traditional banner ads. “Simply put, Twitter ads drive engagement. They’re targeting options allow you to connect with a very specific audience and provide them with content you’ve tested and know that they are interested in.” (Hootsuite.com)
- Advertisement recall from sponsored posts on Instagram was 2.9 times higher than norms for online advertising as a whole, according to Nielsen’s 2015 social media advertising report. One theory for the social networking site’s success is that Instagram advertisements look incredibly similar to regular user content, making it easy to mistake a sponsored ad as a friend’s post.
- According to video marketing giant YouTube, all of the top 100 global brands have run ads on the social networking site in the past year.
- On Facebook advertisements, “overall click-through-rates of both News Feed targeting on desktop and mobile were significantly better than general web retargeting, with desktop having an 8.1x higher CTR and mobile having 9.1x higher click-throughs.” (Marketingland.com)
- Marketing website Mixpo reported that over 90% of advertisers and agencies plan to run Facebook video ads within the next year.
- In October 2015, Buzzfeed stated Snapchat’s new sponsored selfie filters are forecasted to reach 16 million viewers per day.
- “By adding mobile to an existing Facebook campaign of web and News Feed ads on desktop, our ad sample saw on average 29% more clicks.” (AdRoll.com)
- The number of hours people spent watching videos on mobile is up 100%, year over year, and more than half of all YouTube views come from mobile devices. (YouTube.com)
- Furthermore, YouTube’s mobile revenue is up 2x year over year, and the number of advertisers running video ads is up more than 40% year over year. (YouTube.com)
- SnapChat expects sponsored filters to rack up 11 million views per day Sunday through Thursday, 12 million views per day on Friday and Saturday, and 16 million views during holidays. (Buzzfeed.com)
It’s Time for Your Company to Get Social with Advertising
In summary: social media advertising works. Whether your target audience demographic frequents YouTube, SnapChat, or Facebook; social advertising should play a significant part in your brand’s paid advertising plan for 2016.
Not sure where to start? Don’t know how many ads per month or what type of ads to run on your social sites? Let us help you!
Together we can create an effective social media advertising plan to kick off your 2016 strong. Contact us today to get started on your company’s social media advertising strategy